Europeans Unveil a View of the Future of Monetary and Fiscal Issues in Europe
- Limits on the amount of debt individual countries can take on
- Annual national budgets can be vetoed if they are likely to mean a country exceeding its debt limits
- The eurozone borrowing money collectively "could be explored"
- A European treasury office to be set up to control a central budget and keep an eye on national ones
- A single European banking regulator and a common scheme guaranteeing bank deposits
- Common policies on employment regulations and levels of taxation
- Joint decision-making with national parliaments to give it "democratic legitimacy".