Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thursday Morning Rant

Many of you have noticed by now that I seldom if ever talk about politics. This is because I believe that “money talks, everything else walks”. If you want to understand motivation in business (or sometimes government) just follow the money. With politics, the real motivation is cloaked in double-talk, fabrications, lies, etc. Case in point is the Bush-Paulson subprime mortgage bail-out plan. Ultimately who are they trying to help.

I could not believe my ears the other day when I heard that that Republican candidate Mike Huckabee questioned the tenets of faith of Mormons. From CBS News:

Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee, an ordained Southern Baptist minister, asks in an upcoming article, "Don't Mormons believe that Jesus and the devil are brothers?"

First let me tell you what I know about Mike Huckabee and the tenets of the Mormon faith.

Mike Huckabee (I heard all of this on the radio. I assume that it is true, but I don't actually know.):

1. He is from Hope, Arkansas, where Bill Clinton is from.
2. He lost 110 pounds
3. He does not believe in evolution.

Tenets of the Mormon faith:

1. Virtually nothing.

In light of the economic and financial crisis, not to mention all the other crises the US and the world faces, why would this question even enter the realm of serious argumentation, except as a low blow on Romney. That is why I do not take politics and politicians seriously.

Considering his lack of belief in evolution, my hope is that Mike Huckabee is “naturally selected” to no longer run for President as part of the primary process
. We need serious candidates to run for President, not people, who in the big world of crises and ideas, take cheap shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment